Monday, March 4, 2013

Packed Mac 'n Cheese

Every kid and plenty of adults love Mac 'n Cheese! The tasty, cheesy goodness is hard to resist, at least until you start paying attention to all the "ingredients" included. Yellow this, some kinda gum, "...is that even a word?" type stuff, Right?! Well, here's an alternative to all the "Crap-packed" food out there. I know. I know.
Yes. It does say "Carnivorous Intent". As much as I love steak and chops, we all know that's just not the way it works All the time. Like tonight. We put a spin on ordinary Mac 'n Cheese by adding some healthier ingredients. 
Nathan's Franks and ham

Nathan's Famous Franks are a nice quality choice. Hey?! Hot dogs are meat. If that's not your idea of a healthier choice, then substitute with some ground turkey. I also like to use some lunch meat chopped up. Regardless of which meat you use, the idea is something that may be in the fridge and will not just serve the purpose but please the whole family.Onion, broccoli, ham and hot dog are sauteed in extra virgin olive oil, which by doing so brings a lot of flavors out. The onions are sweet, broccoli is tender and the meats add a fried flavor to it.


Raw ingredients w/ olive oil
I have two teenage boys and they love their "crap-packed" foods. So how do we get them those vegetables that they always seem not to prefer. I say take some of what they do like and give it a twist. Extra virgin olive oil instead of butter. Add vegetables that won't over power with flavor but compliment. I find that onion is perfect for this. The sweet flavor that is brought out when cooked is much more appealing than peas and carrots, ya know? Broccoli is subtle when mixed with other flavors and tender when cooked. Throw a meat in and your good. 



noon
beautifully cooked 



Paleo Cookbooks - Recipes for the Paleo Diet


O- organics pasta

Now for the biggest and best choice, I think. I love mark downs at the grocery store. Especially when its something healthier like O- organics. Made with better ingredients and not fillers like the majority of, well... everything.








Dinner is served. Despite some criticism out there, this is a tasty dish. No matter what. If you can get them to eat healthier and like it. It's a Win!











  Click to discover all of ~ My Alternate Personalities ~ Thank you for stopping by and don't be shy to leave a comment , some feedback, experiences, or just a hello. About me... I am a single father of two amazing teenage boys and on schedule to be married to my love Donna after a short 5 years together. I love my trade as a Meat Cutter but realize it won't last forever. So I have ventured into affiliate marketing and my blog. Check back in a few months and lord willing we'll still be here doing great. Until next time. Grill On!                                                                                                                     ~FABIAN





Top Sellers in Nutrition Bars


No comments:

Post a Comment